The official IELTS by IDP app is here! Download it today.
For IELTS on Computer: Please click here▶
▶ Test fee in Japan: 27,500 yen (IELTS on Computer and Paper)
Please follow the steps below to book your test.
Things to prepare in advance:
Please prepare for upload a scan or image of your passport (showing your photo and signature) that is valid on the day of the exam and save it on your computer or device. If the image size is too large, you may not be able to upload it.
*Please note that driver licenses and student IDs are not accepted as valid IDs. You must upload a copy of your valid passport.
Number of pixels: minimum 800 X 700 pixels
Size: less than 1.5MB
File Format: tiff, jpg, doc, docx, pdf, png, gif, jpeg
▶ A credit card or other payment method to pay the test fee.
Test fee in Japan: 27,500 yen (IELTS on Computer and Paper)
Payment options: Credit card payment and convenience store payment options are available, depending on the test centre.
【How to book an IELTS test】
1. Before you start：
・Scan or take a photo of your passport (page with your photo and signature)
・Prepare a credit card for payment of test fee
Available payment methods (e.g. pay by credit card, pay at a convenience store) might be different for each test centre. Please check the booking page of your test centre for confirmation.
2. To register for an IETLS test, please click here. Choose your desired test date, and you will be automatically redirected to the IDP booking site (English page).
3. Confirm the test date and time.
For IELTS on Computer: Please click here▶
For IELTS on Paper: After you have confirmed that the test date is correct, please click “Continue”. Your test centre will arrange your Speaking test time and will send you an email a few days before the test date. You can request your preferred date and time for the test at some test centres. Please check the booking page of your respective test centre for confirmation.
[How to choose a speaking test time]
Click on the test date in the calendar to see the available time slots to choose from.
After making your selection, click “Continue.”
4. User registration
If you are a new user, click ”Create New User”. If you are an existing user, please enter your username and password and click ‘Login’.
【Language selection】 You can select your preferred language using the button on the upper right corner of the page. Tick "I have read and agree to the terms and conditions"
For details on cancellations and changes, please click here▶▶▶▶
5. Fill out all your personal information on this page.
6. Set your desired password at the bottom of the Personal Information page. Your username will be automatically generated by the booking system and cannot be changed. *Make a note of your username and password for future use.
7. Fill in the application information. Be ready to upload a scan or photo of your passport now.
8. Type in your passport details and click "Select image". Once your passport scan or copy has been uploaded, click "Continue".
You will see the message ”Your Identification Document has not been verified. You are able to add a new image. Adding a new image will save any changes made to your Number and Identification Document Expiry Date.” After the test centre completes the verification of your passport information, this message will disappear, usually by the day before the test.
9. Complete the Recognising Organisations page if you want your results to go to any recognising organisations, like Universities or Immigration. Please note that your exam results will be sent to your university or other institution immediately. If you wish to check the results before deciding whether to send them, please do not enter them here, but request an additional transcript.
10. Check all your details are correct in the booking summary page, tick "I have read and agree to the terms and conditions" and click "Continue".
11. Payment section Payment methods (e.g. pay by credit card, pay at a convenience store) are different depending on the test centres. Please follow your test centre's directions.
12. Once your payment is completed, you will get the confirmation email from your test centre.
If you have any questions, please contact the test centre.
▶Click here for more information on support for special requirements
▶Click here to update your personal information, including your passport scan/image. (only for candidates who have already booked a test.)
▶Forgot your username or password? Click here