Coronavirus Disease (COVID -19) updates
Last updated: 7 April 2020
Please note that some IELTS test may be suspended due to Government Announcement. Affected test takers will be contacted by test centre directly.
Please do not attend your test if:
- You have been to overseas over the last 14 days; or
- You have been in contact with any person suspected to be exposed to coronavirus (COVID-19); or
- You have a cold, fever, are short of breath or have flu-like symptoms
On the test day, we appreciate your condition in following basic hygiene practices such as using hand-sanitiser.
If you have been affected by the travel ban or quarantine restrictions, please contact your test centre to arrange an immediate transfer or refund of your test.
You are welcome to bring with you a face mask that covers your mouth and nose, and wear this during your test. If you use a mask, you will be requested to remove it temporarily for photo identification and other purposes. You may find that staff and examiners are wearing face masks on test day.
Looking after your health
Your health and safety is our top priority. More information on protecting yourself from COVID-19 is available here: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
We know this may be a stressful and confusing time, but we’re here to support you.
【Changes to IELTS Test arrangements】
- Hand sanitisers readily available
- Test takers and staff may wear a mask
- Temperature measurement by non-contact thermometer
- Classroom ventilation
- Increasing the space between test takers and Speaking examiners
- Maintaining the cleanliness of our test centres and computer-delivered IELTS labs, including computers, desks and headphones
- All test takers are required to sign a declaration form regarding travel and quarantine before sitting their IELTS test